Have an idea for a panel discussion for IndiaFOSS 3.0?
If you have a compelling topic in mind and are interested in hosting a panel, we invite you to propose your idea. Once approved, you can start reaching out to potential panelists and shape a discussion that could be the highlight of the event!
To propose a panel discussion, reply to this thread with the following details:
- Title of the panel
- Brief Description and Key Discussion Points
- Format (Q&A, a debate, or a roundtable discussion)
Let’s make IndiaFOSS 3.0 a hub of meaningful conversations and collaborations. We can’t wait to hear your ideas!
Title of the panel: FOSS in education
Objective: How can educational institutions inculcate contribution to FOSS
Brief Description and Key Discussion Points:
- understanding teachers and IT admins viewpoint of foss
- changing mindset with stories of foss
- encouraging a “hacking” mentality in teachers and students
- certification for foss contribution (important for teachers as well as students)
- coming up with action items
Format (Q&A, a debate, or a roundtable discussion): roundtable discussion
Title: “FOSS for Tier-II/III Cities”
Objective: At FOSS United as of now we are promoting FOSS and good tech culture in only metropolitan cities or can say that we are promoting cities already having a good tech community. I feel because of that cities who are still growing (have been coined with the term smart city) are kind of non being focused on more. Our motto and focus is promoting FOSS and tinkering/hacker culture around India right ? I totally agree, that promoting, fostering and embracing tinkerer and hacker culture or FOSS in general in a new city is very hard. But, if you’ve read the above blog, I can surely say that there will be at least 1 or 2 folks from such cities who might want to take an initiative. We did in Solapur.
So, I want to propose this panel dicsussion with folks who have been from non metropolitan cities (or cities who do not have a good tech culture already), who know the struggle behind not having a very tech savvy surrounding but who still grew good in programming, tinkering and hacking with FOSS. Initially, was thinking of getting both rushabh and kailash, but folks lit a torch in my head saying “I am from metro city, I am not the right person for this”.
Please connect me with folks from Tier-II and Tier-III cities who have done good work for the community, tried making some change or have been good builders or programmers.
- This panel is meant to be for people from Tier-II/III cities.
- The main purpose of this panel is to help spread awareness about FOSS and Tinkering with tech for smaller cities and help students in those cities learn good tech.
Format: Q&A, Discussion