Parking ideas for a decentralized search engine from first principles in 2020
Goal - to build a new age search engine (fun project) that is semantic and decentralized.
Some initial thoughts
- Electron UI
- Semantic modeling (schema.org)
- Ability to add / edit models
- Ability to add / edit objects
- Data Extraction
- Source Plug-in architecture (example Wikipedia plugin, StackOverflow plugin, Reddit plugin, Amazon plugin etc.).
- The source plugins will be extract information and map it semantically in a local SQLite database.
- Multiple object view. with plugins for rendering objects as list, graphs, images
- Single object view. with templates for each object type and also showing modeled objects with internet links for further search
- Ability to publish / share models, objects, extractors, views in-app
- Offline first
- Personal node first
- Personal node can be setup as a server
- Ability to create a peer network (node to node)
- Ability to search a peer via a plugin
Blog on personal search: https://beepb00p.xyz/pkm-search.html