MITS FOSS Club
Core Team Structure
After call for interested students a core team was formed for the club.
Btech & MTech (2 male)
2 Second Year (1 male & 1 female)
2 Third Year (1 male & 1 female)
2 Fourth Year (1 male & 1 female)
2 Faculty Advisors
2 CSE Department (2 Female)
3 Month Plan
FOSS Orientation Session (Completed)
Intro on Linux
Expo of FOSS projects and demo of fun & useful open-source tools
Session on open-source Cybersecurity Tools
Linux Installation party
Planned for later dates
Introduction to Docker, ContainerD, Kubernetes
Introduction to CI/CD and session on Jenkins
Discussion and session on OSINT
Real life benefits and usage of Linux
This first session plans to introduce the participants to the wonderful possibilities of Linux, the session plans to guide the students through the essentials of Linux and provide them with hands on tasks to get involved with the operating system.
Agenda for the event
- Give a brief intro on Linux and why it is important.
- Firstly explain that Linux is a kernel (clear that myth), and intro the concept of shells.
- Introduce students to Linux commands : ls, cd, mv, cp, touch, … and a few more basic commands,
grep, cat, echo and how they work with each other with the help of the pipe and redirection operators
- Intro to permissions and user management in Linux.
- System management essentials, like htop, kill, systemctl,
- Package managers concept briefing and demo
- Start the tasks (which will be shared after the event), and small stickers to the students who complete the same.
Join us for an exciting experience!
Hey there, students!
Get ready for a journey into the world of FOSS with MITS FOSS Club!
Date: November 8th
Time: Department Hour
Venue: FOSS Lab
Session Topic: “Real life benefits and usage of Linux”
Why should you join us?
- Learn about the world of Linux
- Discover how Linux can benefit your projects
- Get hands-on experience with FOSS tools
Let’s embrace the power of open-source together!
Don’t miss out on this adventure!