FOSS United Solapur Meetups

We are starting with small meetups again, We have limited seats available

Date: 16th March
Venue: Will be sent in the email
Duration: 4:00 - 6:00 PM

Important Update📢

We are rescheduling the date of SolapurFOSS meet-up to 23rd of March.

Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of the excitement!:sparkles:
RSVP now!

Date: 23rd March
Venue: Will be sent in the email
Duration: 10.30AM - 12.30PM

1 Like

Here is the speaker for our FOSS meetup, which will be held on the 23rd of March.

Vishal Arya, the Program Director at FOSS United, is going to give a virtual talk on “We All Know FOSS.”

Hurry and register to be a part of it. Here is the link: :point_down:

Venue: Will be sent on email

1 Like

Here is our third speaker for the SolapurFOSS meet-up
Mangesh Mane giving a talk on “What is Engineering”

The talk is going to be held on 23rd of March so hurry and register to be a part of it :point_down:

Venue: Will be sent on email

1 Like

FOSS United Solapur - March Meetup

Sharing The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly from todays Meetup.

@Yash_Reddy and our junior volunteers did a good job managing and organizing the meetup.

The Good

• The total number of attendees were around 20 people. Most of them were our college first year students who were told by one of our lecturers about the Meetup, so they said they want to come as well.
  • There was also one working professional who knew about such meetups in Bangalore, so he joined out of curiosity thinking how the meetup in Solapur would be.
  • We had @Aabha_Nandkumar_Jaha giving a talk about her project which was pretty good for a first project showcase talk. The talk was quick considering the presentation was prepared a day ago.
  • After asking for feedback and whether we should conduct more such meetups or not - the answer from majority girls was “yes”, so we might try providing more quality sessions from the next month.

The Bad

• We couldn’t conduct vishal’s talk because of the delay in the schedule :(, and also he was preoccupied with travelling to Dehradun Meetup Venue. But he has promised to give offline talk in the next meetup :p.
  • Aabha’s talk could’ve been more interactive, as it was a electronics project. So, a live demo could’ve made the audience more curious.
  • There were only 3 male attendees from the RSVP and we three volunteers else everyone was a female.

The Ugly

• We should’ve tried reaching out more to speakers from the City. I know of some folks but due to me travelling for one week before the meetup, hence I couldn’t reach out to many folks.
  • The venue was a big issue I feel. As, our social media posts don’t have much interaction, and no student in the city has the habbit of interacting or checking emails frequently. Maybe that was another reason for a huge no-show from the RSVP list.

Another note, We had only 3 male attendees showed up from the RSVP list and everyone else was a female, so I’m not sure if this was good or bad.

We spent around 750rs in total for snacks.

4 Likes