The FOSS Club by FOSS United aims to foster a culture of free and open-source software (FOSS) and collaboration among students. This is achieved by organizing events, workshops, and facilitating networking opportunities on college campuses.
Currently, the application for the FOSS Club lead is open till
15th 20th August 2023.
- Build a FOSS community: Establish a community of like-minded individuals passionate about FOSS.
- Host events and workshops: Organize informative and engaging events to promote FOSS.
- Build and maintain teams: Form teams to ensure smooth functioning and execution of club activities.
- Leadership Skills: Develop vital leadership and project management skills.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with other FOSS enthusiasts, developers, and mentors.
- Potential Recommendations: Opportunity to receive a Certificate and a Letter of Recommendation recognizing their dedication and leadership.
- Enhanced Technical Knowledge: Improve technical skills through hands-on project work.
- Professional Exposure: Gain recognition in the professional realm through contributions to open-source projects.
- Mentorship: Access guidance from seasoned professionals in the FOSS community.
- Expert Speakers: Provision of experienced speakers for lectures and workshops.
- Funding Support: Financial aid of up to ₹ 50,000 per club per year to organize events.
- Educational Resources: Provision of educational material to aid learning.
- Mentorship: Access to mentors for project guidance and assistance.
- Timeframe: Must have at least one academic year remaining before graduation.
- Enrollment Status: Must be a full-time student in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Program Commitment: Commit to the program for one year, with an evaluation after the first three months.
- Leadership and Organization: Prior experience in event planning and team leadership is preferred.
- Quality FOSS Contributions: Should have contributed to FOSS projects.
- Passion for Impact: A strong desire to make a meaningful impact on their campus through the FOSS club.
- Non-Profit Adherence: The FOSS Club name should not be used for personal profit.
- Partnership Encouragement: Collaborations with groups and companies for resources like speakers and venues are encouraged.
- FOSS Promotion: The club platform should not be used to promote non-FOSS entities.
- Brand Alignment: Adherence to brand guidelines is essential.
- Active Engagement: Regular activity and interaction with the community are crucial.
- Open Communication: Openness to communicate with the FOSS United Team as required.
- Event Organization: Host at least six events annually.
- Activity Reporting: Document and report club activities regularly.
- Team Building: Form a core team to assist with event organization and initiative execution.
- Code Compliance: Adherence to the FOSS Code of Conduct is mandatory.
This initiative not only promotes the FOSS culture but also provides students with a platform to enhance their skills, network with professionals, and make meaningful contributions to the open-source community.
Apply to become a Club lead now. Application is open till
15th 20th August 2023.