Proposal for FOSS Meetup, Nagpur

We wish to organize the FOSS Meetup, Nagpur in community collaboration with theDevArmy

We plan to organize a meetup of around 3 hours including the intro about FOSS United, and two speaker sessions.

We could reach out to ofisindia.com for the venue. We plan to host around 30-40 attendees.

Budget:

• Refreshments for the attendees: 30 Rs. each.
    i.e. 30 * 40 = 1200/- Rs.

Date can be mutually decided, but it should be on Sunday only since the venue is not available on the working days.

4 Likes

Sounds good. Replying to you on email

1 Like

Yeah, It’d be nice

1 Like

We have confirmed the date to be March 10, 2024, and the venue will be OFIS India, Nagpur

1 Like

Nice! When are more details coming out?

1 Like

The call for registrations and proposals will be out soon!

2 Likes

We have opened CFP and Registrations for the FOSS Meetup, Nagpur

RSVP: RSVP - FOSS Meetup Nagpur
CFP: CFP - FOSS Meetup Nagpur

2 Likes

Hey @Shrirang_Kahale

You can submit your talk proposal here: CFP - FOSS Meetup Nagpur

Sure, I’ll do it soon

1 Like

Submitted!

1 Like

Thanks @Shrirang_Kahale, we will review it and get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Have people started registering already?
And how many proposals did you get

1 Like

We received a great response from the community and had to close the RSVP within 24 hours with 99 registrations.

However, we are lacking in the number of proposals. I guess so far we have only received yours

1 Like

Can the place accommodate this many people? From the pictures it looks fairly small

1 Like

I guess only around 50 people out of 99 registered would show up, and we are planning to arrange extra chairs. So I guess we can adjust.

2 Likes

Successfully hosted the FOSS Meetup, Nagpur.

Attendees enjoyed the talks by both the speakers.

We were expecting around 50-60 people to show up out of the 99 registered, but only around 40 showed up. Since no confirmation emails were sent to the candidates, this might be one of the reasons why fewer people showed up.

Apart from that, everything else went fine and smooth.

1 Like