Introduce yourself - $whoami

Looks like a splendid journey Anand.
Would love to hear more.

1 Like

Wow, Postwoman is sweet Liyas!

3 Likes

And contributor to webpy, Internetā€™s own boy Aaron Shwartzā€™ project.

3 Likes

Hello :smiley:
Isha here
I love writing Java and Python codes.
I got to know about this hackathon from my seniors
I havenā€™t contributed to open source before ever.
So, I am a bit nervous and at the same time excited too.
Hope I make it till the end.
Cheers!

3 Likes

Hello :wave:

Iā€™m Bharat, developer at a fin-tech startup in Bangalore. I write Python & JS for my day job and use Python, NodeJS or Golang for all my side projects.
I have a bunch of open source projects on my Github, I am also trying to write whatever I learn on my blog.

I love GTK and elementary OS, developed three desktop applications (one for elementary and two for GTK in general). I am also a big fan of Golang for its simplicity and speed. Other projects I love are FZF, MongoDB and Next JS.

5 Likes

Hi Everyone

I am Prayag, a freelance web developer (mainly doing page speed optimization work for WordPress)

I havenā€™t created any FOSS projects of my own but have done low-key contributions (like typo fixes in the documentation) in many projects (Github Profile).

Before moving to WordPress, I used to like Googleā€™s Blogger platform (closed-source) and had created a few templates for it & answered queries about it on StackOverflow

Going forward, I hope to contribute more to open source

2 Likes

Hello EveryonešŸ‘‹

I am Rashim. I am 3rd year B-tech student and just came to know about FOSS.
I donā€™t think I even know half as much as most of the people here.
Quiet intimidatingā€¦

I know Python and have made Text Editor in Tkinter and Tank Game in Pygame.
I do Competitive Programming in C++

I :blue_heart: VS Code, Firefox and Notepad++ and use them daily.

I watch YouTube channels and podcast for keeping myself updatedā€¦

I hope to learn and grow from the Hackathon and become a better developeršŸ˜Š

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

Itā€™s inspiring to see so many people from India contributing to open source.

Iā€™m Rohan. I love cooking as much as coding and have contributed a little to FOSS. My open-source journey started with Google Summer of Code, and along with that, I Led the Developer Students Club of my campus to promote community learning.
Recently, I started an open-source project to democratize NLP and Analytics for code-mixed text.
Anything involving Data interests me, and Data Engineering is what I do in Precog, the Social Computing lab of IIITD.

Looking forward to this weekend!

3 Likes

Hey everyone!
Myself Jayant Anand.
An unergrad at IIT DHANBAD.

2 Likes

Hey, Everyone!

Itā€™s really exciting to be a part of such an enthusiastic community whoā€™s writing code for good!
I was amazed to see some of the beautiful and impactful projects that you guys posted.

Iā€™m Srijan and am currently pursuing my undergrad in CS & Design from IIIT-Delhi. Iā€™m relatively new to the concept of open-source and am looking forward to learning a lot from the community.

Kudos to @knadh and @rushabh for taking up such an amazing initiative!

4 Likes

Hello

My name is Suraj. I work at Reliance Jio. Iā€™m a Software Developer, currently working in space of Healthcare ERP. In my free time I play around with Neurotech tools like OpenBCI which is an Open Source EEG-based Brain Computer Interface. If you are interested in the same area, feel free to connect !

3 Likes

Hi,
My name is preeti, I am working as a software developer. Itā€™s first time participating in open source. Thank you Foss team to provide this platform.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Iā€™m Harshit Singh, currently working as a software developer.

Itā€™s really exciting to be a part of such an enthusiastic and wonderful community whoā€™s writing code for good!
Itā€™s been quite few time when I stepped in open source.

Thank you Foss team to provide this platform.

2 Likes

Hello everyone :wave:,

My name is Akash Hamirwasia, Iā€™m a 3rd-year B-Tech student. I love building products that help people in solving their problems.
I have been working on open source projects for a while now. Iā€™m actively maintaining Blaze - a P2P file-sharing web app that has 500+ stars on GitHub.

Kudos to @knadh and rest of the team for organizing this lovely hackathon centered around FOSS. Excited to be participating in this :smile:

6 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Nitish Awasthi currently pursuing B.Tech CSE from Invertis University Bareilly, UP India. I started my journey in open source through the facebook open source immersion programme.
Iā€™m exploring more into open source and want to go deeper.
My favourite open source software is React.
Iā€™m more into Competitive Coding and Open Source Development but also working on Web Development, Cloud Computing also doing some small javascript projects for fun.

3 Likes

Hi, I am Bharath Kallur.

I have been into software engineering for nearly 10 years now.
I got introduced to OSS through talos framework of Mozilla almost a few years ago. Lost touch after a couple of reviews and could not do much here in OSS.

I got intrigued when I first used linux system back in 2008 and since then have never left. So most of the applications using on my machines today is OSS.

I am excited to be here to learn more, from the community.

4 Likes

Hi everyone. I am Rithish.

Nice to be associated with the community here. Got introduced to this forum through a post by Nithin Kamath on LinkedIn. Have been associated with web dev for over 15 years now [ wouldnā€™t be surprised if I turn out to be the oldest amongst all of you here :wink: ]. Currently leading backend engineering at redBus, and a core developer at heart.

7 Likes

Welcome, @Rithish_Saralaya. We are happy to have you here. You can also join our Telegram group https://t.me/fossunited

Hi everyone. Nikhil here.

Iā€™m currently working with a logistics startup Elasticrun and based out of Pune. Have been developing and designing enterprise solutions for close to two decades now and am a big user and advocate of FOSS.

I personally believe in todayā€™s context software is as fundamental to technology / innovation as language is to knowledge/wisdom and hence it has to be free and opensource.

Absolutely thrilled to see the action and excitement FOSS united has generated and this first of its kind online hackathon was just a big success in providing a stage to so many budding enthusiasts, creators and developers and a forum for community visibility and participation.

4 Likes