Weekly Update: FOSS Hack 2021

FOSS Hack 2021 Volunteers Meeting

BigBlueButton Room - https://bbb.fossunited.org/b/vis-hxw-pa7-6ep
This thread: Weekly Update: FOSS Hack 2021
When: Every Friday 5:00 PM, 60 minutes
Based on: https://bit.ly/k8s119-releasemtg & pycon-india-2021-weeklysync

FOSS Hack 2021 info

Agenda

Template: Week N - Month, Date, Year

Host:

Note Taker:

Attendees:

Updates link:

Urgent Actions and Announcements:

Action Items from Previous Meetings:

Not available Next week and shadow in the absence:

Anyone up for volunteering?

Blockers:
[wg-name]

  • item

Open Discussion

  • [name] Discussion Item

Action Items from this meeting

Week 1 - 28 Aug, 2021

Host: @WishArya

Note Taker: @WishArya

Attendees:

  1. Anand Chitipothu
  2. Aadya Anil Kumar
  3. Amanda Anil
  4. Anjana
  5. Athul n Nair
  6. Merin Alex
  7. Merin Alex
  8. Naresh
  9. Sona Philip
  10. Syam Suresh
  11. Vivek
  12. Shammi Anand

Urgent Actions and Announcements:

  1. Poster and a blog to invite new volunteers
Get more volunteers to following workgroups:
  1. Sponsorship
  2. Content
  3. Conference Tech
  4. Diversity
Probable role for General Volunteers:
  1. Contribute to the above workgroups
  2. Volunteers Management

Not available Next week and shadow in the absence:

Anyone up for volunteering?

Blockers: Null

@Syam_suresh_P_C Here is the link to the assets of FOSS United. Let me know if it works.

Week 2 - September, 3, 2021

Host: @WishArya

Note Taker: @Sona_Philip

Attendees:
Aadya Anil Kumar
Ajinkya
Alan Martin
Amanda Anil
Anand Chitipothu
Deepika S R
Devdutt
Lia
Merin Alex
Sona Philip
Vishal Arya

Updates link:


Action Items from Previous Meetings:

  1. Poster and a blog to invite new volunteers
    .

Not available Next week and shadow in the absence:

Anyone up for volunteering?

Blockers:

Open Discussion

Action Items from this meeting

  1. All workgroups should start looking into their role from the workgroup roles and responsibilities thread.
  2. Reach out to Yuvi to help us in the Diversity Workgroup.

Week 3 - September, 10, 2021

Host: @WishArya

Note Taker: @Sona_Philip

Attendees:
Aadya Anil Kumar
Ajinkya
Alan Martin
Amanda Anil
Anand Chitipothu
Athira
Deepika S R
Merin Alex
Prithivijith
Sona Philip
Vivek
Vishal Arya
Yashi

Updates link:
No Links updated

Urgent Actions and Announcements:

Action Items from Previous Meetings:

  1. All workgroups should start looking into their role from the workgroup roles and responsibilities
  2. Reach out to Youth to help us in the Diversity Workgroup.

Not available Next week and shadow in the absence:

Anyone up for volunteering?
Athira - Content
Prithvijith - Outreach
Alan - Social Media

Blockers:
Open Discussion
Action Items from this meeting
1.We need to work for the event success.
2. Need of more sponsorships.
3.Connect with more communities to have wide reach for our event

1 Like

Week 4 - September, 17, 2021

Host: @WishArya

Note Taker: @Sona_Philip

Attendees:

Ajinkya
Anand Chitipothu
Devdutt
Prithivijith
Sona Philip
Vishal Arya

Updates link:
https://docs.google.com/https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z-p6kZEm0mnDWhM4UsbPBsMrbOg9uS15sVTzHUZ1pL0/edit
https://fossunited.org/app/fh21_nominate

Urgent Actions and Announcements:
Action Items from Previous Meetings:
1.We need to work for the event success.
2. Need of more sponsorships.
3.Connect with more communities to have wide reach for our event

Not available Next week and shadow in the absence:

Anyone up for volunteering?

Blockers:
[wg-name]

  • item

Open Discussion

  • [name] Discussion Item

Action Items from this meeting
1.Form an active volunteer group
2. Planning for selection of Speakers
3.Finding out maximum sponsors.
4.Suggestions of forming websites ,posters etc.

Week 5 - September 24, 2021

Host and Note Taker: @WishArya
Attendees:

  1. @Deepika_S_R
  2. @Aadya_Anil_Kumar
  3. @WishArya

Updates: Created the new tetris for the Hero section of the website.

@Deepika_S_R will start working on creating the volunteer badges for all of our volunteers. She will also create a template for talks announcement.

Community Partnership prospectus - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m_6euFtBKfnLDDDu404iFPr9x0lfYCrHV4Q1trZHdJw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Urgent Action: The outreach team will start reaching out to community partners with the above prospectus.

Announcement: Reach out to previous year hackathon participants and Mon School learners with an announcement newsletter.